Many homeowners are deeply concerned after a recent “60 Minutes” report found high levels of formaldehyde in flooring sold by Lumber Liquidators. If you have reason to believe your home is at risk, contact Oasis for a consultation.
Quick facts about Formaldehyde(source: National Cancer Institute, NIH)
- Formaldehyde is a colorless, flammable, strong-smelling chemical that is used in building materials and to produce many household products.
- Formaldehyde sources in the home include pressed-wood products, cigarette smoke, and fuel-burning appliances.
- When exposed to formaldehyde, some individuals may experience various short-term effects.
- Formaldehyde has been classified as a known human carcinogen (cancer-causing substance) by the International Agency for Research on Cancer and as a probable human carcinogen by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Research studies of workers exposed to formaldehyde have suggested an association between formaldehyde exposure and several cancers, including nasopharyngeal cancer and leukemia.